The NFL has been notorious for its hiring practices. Over the last four NFL off-seasons, three Black coaching candidates have filled 27 head coaching vacancies. Bryant Gumbel explores the hiring practices of teams across the NFL. Steelers head Coach Mike Tomlin, who is the winningest black coach in the history of the NFL, explains what’s wrong with the NFL’s hiring practices.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Since the establishment of the 2003 Rooney Rule, many teams just go about their business like usual.
The rule hasn’t really done much.
In the case of Marvin Lewis, maybe he’s not being hired because he coached the Bengals for 16 YEARS & won ZERO playoff games . Maybe that’s the reason he doesn’t get another shot.
Something needs to be fixed, the system is definitely broken.