A surprising name was being linked to the USC vacancy this week: Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin.
The reports started when former Trojans quarterback Carson Palmer said that the longtime NFL coach’s name had been talked about by the USC brass.
Back to School? https://t.co/wCz4ANGGcR
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 25, 2021
Unfortunately for USC, Mike Tomlin has absolutely no interest in their opening. And he made that clear in an intense exchange with reporters on Tuesday.
“I don’t have time for that speculation,” Tomlin said. “That’s a joke to me. I’ve got one of the best jobs in all of professional sport, why would I have any interest in coaching college football? That’ll be the last time I address it. And not only today, but moving forward. Never say never, but never.”
Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin swiftly rejects any speculation he’d be a candidate for the USC job. “Never say next, but never.” pic.twitter.com/EiP1spB4jc
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 26, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Cam Newton’s Baby Mama Was There to See Him Get Benched
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Mike Tomlin even made it clear that there was no check any booster could write that would be big enough for him to leave his post with the Steelers.
He then called on reporters to ask other prominent NFL coaches such as Sean Payton and Andy Reid if they were planning on leaving their jobs.
So no, Mike Tomlin will not be the next head coach at USC. And that’s the last he wants to hear about all of those rumors.