If there’s anyone who’s paying attention to the toll the pandemic is taking on people, it’s the former Major League Baseball player known as The Hawk. MLB Hall of Famer Andre Dawson wants people to get the COVID-19 vaccine. The former Chicago Cubs slugger has been putting in long hours at his funeral home in Miami to deal with rising COVID deaths in Florida, according to WGN Chicago. Dawson has been keeping pretty busy lately, clearly a result of the pandemic.
Trending from Side Action
- Tiger Woods Allegedly Spotted with ‘Hot Blonde’ in Mexico
- NFL’s First Openly Active Gay Player Carl Nassib’s Alleged Boyfriend Revealed
- Dak Prescott Cheating on Girlfriend Rumors Hit the Net
- Venus Williams Rumored to Be Dating Race Driver Lewis Hamilton
- Cleveland Browns Wide Receiver Rashard Higgins Has Two Babies Two Days Apart
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Dawson doesn’t want to have turn down families, but that’s what it might come to.
“It’s been pretty touch and go, we put in a lot of long hours, lot of late hours,” Dawson said. “The last three weeks, we have had about 25 total new cases and I think we had 40 last year.”
Of those 25 cases, 20 of them were COVID-19-related deaths. Paradise Memorial Funeral Home has yet to turn away any family in mourning, but Dawson worries it could happen.
'This is where God has placed us': Andre Dawson, wife own Florida funeral home swamped with COVID-19 deaths https://t.co/9uwYYptcwI
— WGN TV News (@WGNNews) September 10, 2021
Dawson has been holding six funerals the last several Saturdays, an extremely high number.
If anyone knows the toll this is taking on human life, it’s Dawson.
Listen to the Hawk and get the vaccine!