The Dodgers-Giants NLDS series delivered.
The two teams were the best in baseball all season. And of course, their series came down to a tense winner-take-all Game 5. Unfortunately, though, the game ended in controversy.
With Giants first baseman Wilmer Flores up with two outs in the ninth, he was called out when first base umpire Gabe Morales deemed his went too far on a checked-swing appeal.
When looking at the replay, it was clear that Flores checked his swing.
Here’s the video of the pitch that ended the season
— KNBR (@KNBR) October 15, 2021
After the game, Gabe Morales was asked about what he saw to ring up Wilmer Flores and end the series.
“The plate umpire appealed the check swing to me. I thought he went, so I called it a swing,” Morales said, via MLB.com. “Check swings are one of the hardest calls we have. I don’t have the benefit of multiple camera angles when I’m watching it live. When it happened live, I thought he went, so that’s why I called it a swing.”
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Wilmer Flores didn’t agree with Gabe Morales.
“I don’t think I went. Every at-bat matters in a close game, but there are some things you can’t control,” he said.
With the Giants getting sent home in controversial fashion, the Dodgers will now be favorites to win back-to-back World Series Championships.
Standing in their way is a matchup with the Braves in the NLCS. Should be fun.