Tennis star Naomi Osaka, 23, says she isn’t sure when she will play her next tennis match following her breakdown on the court and loss to 18 year-old Leylah Fernandez Friday at the U.S. Open.
Osaka won the first set, but then fell apart. She threw her racket 3 times during the match and then walked directly off the court when she lost.
— Meredith Cash (@mercash22) September 4, 2021
Fernandez eventually won the match 2-1 after winning the 3rd set 6-4 over Osaka.
In the post match press-conference Osaka showed her frustrations and looked extremely tired. She is clearly struggling with her mental health and cited that, “I feel like I’m at this point where I’m trying to figure out what I want to do, and I honestly don’t know when I’m going to play my next tennis match.”
You can watch the whole interview below:
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
With all that in mind, she recently pulled out of the French Open and missed Wimbledon. While she may only be 23, there is still a chance we have seen the last of Osaka on the court.
Hopefully she will be able to make improvements to her mental game so that she may return to the court sooner than later as she is an extremely talented, young, tennis star.