Former player turned broadcaster F.P. Santangelo is being accused of sexual assault. Santangelo, who is a former player with the Expos, Giants, Dodgers, and Athletics, was hired by the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network [MASN] in 2011. Santangelo was removed from the broadcast booth during their game against the New York Yankees after accusations of sexual misconduct came about in a report from The Athletic.
Santangelo is being accused of making unwanted advances on female. Santangelo is denying any wrongdoing.
Santangelo texted a statement to The Athletic after Saturday’s article published, denying the allegations.
“What I have read in your recently published article from an anonymous individual about me is untrue and did not happen. This is not representative of who I am as a man or a professional. I am confident that my name and reputation will be fully cleared.”
Santangelo allegedly made unwanted advances and sexually assaulted a woman several years ago, despite her telling him to stop, according to the report.
MLB Network also removed Santagelo from a YouTube broadcast on Thursday. MASN and MLB Network did not provide comment.
Washington released a statement on the matter following a 4-3 loss to the New York Yankees on Saturday:
A spokesperson for the Nationals released a statement after the report came out.
“Late last week, we were made aware of allegations of conduct by F.P. Santangelo that are inconsistent with our values as an organization. We alerted MASN and revoked our approval of him as a member of our broadcast team,” the statement read. “MASN assured us that they would investigate these allegations thoroughly. After MASN notified us that their investigation was complete and that F.P. should be reinstated, additional posts appeared. Once again, we notified MASN and revoked our approval of F.P. as a member of our broadcast team indefinitely. Moving forward, we will refer all questions regarding this investigation to F.P.’s employer, MASN.”
From a team spokesperson. Says team alerted MASN, which promised an investigation into those allegations. https://t.co/z2gTHamQRz
— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) May 8, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
MASN also put out a statement.
“MASN refers allegations concerning broadcasters who are former Major League Baseball players directly to Major League Baseball’s Department of Investigations, as is appropriate under the circumstances,” the MASN statement read. “MASN followed that policy in this instance, previously apprising MLB of this matter such that the league might adequately review it. Those former Major Leaguers acting as on-air media analysts on the network appear only with the advice and consent of the clubs and MLB.”
The woman, who is not an employee of MASN, the Nationals, or Baltimore Orioles, made the allegations in an Instagram post, and then she spoke to The Athletic under the condition of anonymity. She said that Santangelo sent her “angry text messages” and blocked her on social media.
The woman in question is not looking to press charges nor is she looking for any kind of compensation, she simply wants to share her story.