It was assumed that the NBA would be skipping the All-Star game this year after it was originally canceled from its February date. Not so fast.
According to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, the NBA is looking into the possibility of holding the game in Atlanta in March.
“ESPN Sources: The NBA and NBPA are discussing scenarios to still hold an All-Star game in March. One site under discussion is Atlanta, home of Turner Sports. That idea includes providing support for HBCU’s and COVID-19 relief. Story soon on site,” Woj Tweeted.
ESPN Sources: The NBA and NBPA are discussing scenarios to still hold an All-Star game in March. One site under discussion is Atlanta, home of Turner Sports. That idea includes providing support for HBCU’s and COVID-19 relief. Story soon on site.
— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) January 25, 2021
According to the report, NBAPA president Chris Paul is high on the idea of rescheduling the All-Star game. The idea is to hold the event, and give the proceeds to COVID relief funds, along with black universities. It’s a good idea, but I have some questions.
All-Start weekend is always one of the most fun sports weekend’s of the year, but the game itself is kind of irrelevant. Give me the dunk contest, three point contest, and everything else. Will we still get that? Also, would the league halt play for some time? They’re already playing a condensed schedule, and I wonder if holding an All-Star Game would be tough to schedule.
Nonetheless, the NBA continues to be flexible around the pandemic, and have done a pretty good job of keeping the fans engaged during these unprecedented times. Adam Silver deserves some credit for his ability to navigate through this whole thing.
- Bernie Sanders Meme Enters the Sports World
- Super Bowl Outcome Already Known? Former Running Back Larry Johnson Thinks So
- MLB Might Finally Delay Spring Training But Now Players Are Angry
- Floyd Mayweather Has Some Harsh Words for Conor McGregor
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
- Peyton Manning to Play Key Role in Tennessee Alma Mater’s Search for Head Coach