More details continued to trickle in Vincent Jackson’s death. The Former NFL receiver might have died in his Florida hotel room up to three days before being pronounced dead there, according to new information released by the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner on Thursday.
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
A preliminary report from the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner Department says staff members at the hotel went into Jackson’s room on Feb. 13 and Feb. 14 and found him sitting slouched over on the couch and assumed he was sleeping.
The report says the staff members went into Jackson’s room again the morning of Feb. 15 and “were concerned when they found [him] in the same position.” The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said earlier this week a housekeeper found Jackson dead in his hotel room around 11:30 a.m.
Jackson’s family had reported him missing on Feb. 10. According to the new report, the last time deputies confirmed Jackson was alive was on Feb. 11 when they were called to check on him. But the sheriff’s office says deputies canceled the missing persons report after checking on Jackson at the hotel on Feb. 12.
The preliminary report from the medical examiner reiterates what the sheriff’s office said earlier this week that there were no signs of trauma. The medical examiner’s office is still working to determine Jackson’s exact cause of death.
The New York Times first reported Thursday that the Jackson family had donated his brain to BU’s CTE Center.
Vincent Jackson's family says his brain has been donated for CTE research.
The wide receiver was found dead at age 38 on Monday inside a hotel room.
— Bleacher Report (@BleacherReport) February 19, 2021
Hopefully the donation leads to more clues as to what went wrong with Jackson.
The exact cause of death is still not yet known.