It was heavily reported that New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees would be retiring this offseason. However, he still has made no public comments on the subject, and he’s even staying in shape.
Fitness trainer Todd Durkin posted a video of Brees pushing a sled a long way on his Instagram page.
Brees is staying fit pic.twitter.com/a90mPysazN
— Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) February 27, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Durkin captioned the video, “Not sure WHY he’s so cra-cra today but something must be brewing.” That ‘something must be brewing’ piece has led to a bunch of fans wondering if Drew Brees could be planning on returning, after all.
While Drew Brees will be a first-ballot Hall-of-Famer, he’s showing signs of slowing down at 42-years-old. He lacks the ability to throw deep balls, and his accuracy was not what we’re used to seeing in the past. Even so, Brees led the Saints to the postseason, where they lost to Tom Brady and the Bucs in the second round.
While Sean Payton could probably find a way to make it work with Drew Brees, his limitations might mean that the Saints would be better off moving on from the veteran Brees. At the end of the day, if Drew Brees wants to come back, the Saints will have to take him.