The New York Yankees went into Fenway Park in the biggest series of their season and swept their bitter rivals this weekend. And they might have a turtle to thank for all of it.
Earlier last week, starting pitcher Nestor Cortes adopted a turtle and named him ‘Bronxie’. The turtle has been roaming the clubhouse all week, in which time the team has gone 6-0.
Yankees pitcher Nestor Cortes has adopted a turtle, named Bronxie, who roams the Yankees clubhouse and accompanied the team on their recent road trip to Boston.
Since Bronxie was adopted, the Yankees are a perfect 6-0.
— Baseball Quotes (@BaseballQuotes1) September 28, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
The Yankees were starting to slide out of a wild card spot, being just 0.5 games ahead of Toronto for the last spot heading into the weekend.
Not only did the Yankees cling to their playoff position, but they were able to overtake the Red Sox for the first wild card spot, meaning the potential rivalry Wild Card Game matchup between the Yankees and Boston would be played at Yankee Stadium if the season were to end today.
The Yankees know they have “Bronxie” to thank for getting their swagger back.
“Lucky charm, whatever you want to call it; I know a lot of guys believe there’s a connection here,” veteran outfielder Brett Gardner said to ESPN via Bro Bible. “At the end of it, it would be great if we could go out and get him a little World Series ring.”
Over the course of a 162 game season, MLB players have to find a way to keep things loose and fresh in the clubhouse. And it appears that the Yankees have found a way to enjoy the stretch run here with the help of “Bronxie”.
Will the turtle be getting a ring if they’re able to complete the job?