The NFL continues to push its social justice messages. The NFL pledged $250 million to various charities and organizations that can make a difference, but for Public relations purposes, the thing that’s most visible is the NFL’s decision to play the Black National anthem prior to games. It was originally reported the Black National Anthem would only be played before certain games.
NFL To Feature Black National Anthem, “Lift Every Voice and Sing” During Sunday Night Football And Big Eventshttps://t.co/cp8Fsp96Dp
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) July 16, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Now it’s being reported the Black National Anthem will take place before every NFL game. According to The New York Times, the NFL will also play “Lift Ev’ry Voice And Sing” before every single game.
“Lift Every Voice and Sing,” written over 120 years ago by NAACP leader James Weldon Johnson, will continue to be performed as part of the NFL’s pregame ceremonies this season. https://t.co/JWLVfwBFrl
— The New York Times (@nytimes) September 12, 2021
Alicia Keys sang the song before the first game of the season, and now, it will be a thing at all games throughout the 2021 season.
You know this is going to piss off a lot of people, but you know what, don’t watch if you have a problem with songs being sung before games.
Much like wearing masks, it’s really just not that big of a deal.