Deshaun Watson’s nightmare offseason continues. Nike has suspended its endorsement deal with Deshaun Watson amid the sexual assault and inappropriate behavior allegations made against the Houston Texans quarterback, the company told CNBC on Wednesday.
“We are deeply concerned by the disturbing allegations and have suspended Deshaun Watson. We will continue to closely monitor the situation,” Nike said in a statement to CNBC.
Nike suspends endorsement of NFL star Deshaun Watson over sexual misconduct allegations https://t.co/EPMexk7nZm
— CNBC (@CNBC) April 7, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
The Houston Police Department tweeted on Friday that it has opened a criminal investigation after a complaint was filed against Watson.
— Houston Police (@houstonpolice) April 2, 2021
Watson also has endorsement deals with Beats by Dre but as of now they haven’t commented on their status with Watson.
“The brands are in a difficult situation right now,” said Scott Rosner, academic director of the sports management program at Columbia University. “There clearly will be public pressure as there typically is in these types of cases to disassociate themselves formally from the athlete. And some are likely to do that. Others will make a statement expressing concern but reiterating their belief in the legal process.”
It usually starts with one, a domino effect is certainly coming for Watson.