Even in the middle of his career, Tom Brady thought winning seven championships was unfathomable.
Sports writer Gary Myers revealed in old quote from his book Brady vs. Manning which was released in 2016. Even after winning three rings, Brady thought seven was a goal that might’ve been a bit lofty.
“It’s not like you are going to win six or seven Super Bowls,” Tom Brady said at the time.
Funny that you saw that now. Kind of jumps off the page. Tom had three titles when he said that to me. I talked about that line in one of the final episodes of The GOAT podcast. https://t.co/HfD5B52vrf
— Gary Myers (@GaryMyersNY) February 19, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Maybe Tom Brady thought that seven rings was unthinkable, or maybe he was just being humble here. I’m going to go with the latter. Tom Brady holds himself to the highest standard, and has had a chip on his shoulder throughout his career. Sure, he said that six or seven Super Bowls wasn’t going to happen, but in the back of his mind I bet he knew he could do it.
Tom Brady’s competitive drive is the main reason why he’s the GOAT. At 43-years-old, Brady is still somehow playing some of the best football of his career. Forget six or seven championships, how about eight or nine? Maybe that’s pushing it, but I would never bet against Tom Brady.