The Olympics are all about those viral social media moments, and last night a star was born. Turkish volleyball player Zehra Gunes was trending following a quarterfinals loss to South Korea. Win or lose, it didn’t matter. Zehra quickly went viral and her Instagram page got bombarded with new followers.
Trending from Side Action
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- NBA Player And ‘Cooking Star’ Wife Headed For Divorce According to TikTok
- Jon Gruden Under Fire For Seemingly Racist Email
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Via NY Post:
The 22-year-old’s name began trending on Twitter amid the Turkish team’s nail-biting loss to South Korea Wednesday in the women’s volleyball quarterfinals. Turkey failed to punch a ticket to the semifinals after the two-hour and 17-minute match.
While fans praised Gunes for her performance in Tokyo and her overall skills, some were distracted by her striking appearance. One fan with a crush even declared, “Zehra Gunes marry me,” in reference to the 6-foot-6 Turkish athlete, who sports No. 18.
Gunes’ team shared a photo of the Olympic team with the caption, “We love you” after the tough loss.
— New York Post (@nypost) August 5, 2021
Probably won’t hear too much about her moving forward.
If she happens to be in the next Olympics, we’ll once again probably find her trending.
While we wait for her next Olympic appearance, check out more of the Turkish Volleyball player below: