Former Los Angeles Lakers big man and great friend of the late Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, had his first child last year.
Pau and his wife paid tribute to the late Kobe Bryant and his daughter Gianna by naming their baby Elisabet Gianna Gasol. Pau also made Vanessa Bryant the godmother of the child.
Gasol recently spoke about the naming, and offered some insight into why they’re so meaningful.
Trending from Side Action
- Porn Star Richelle Ryan Claiming Patriots Defensive Player Keeps Messaging Her
- Charissa Thompson Calls Out Lions Coach For Hitting On Her Ahead of Interview
- Lady is Attacked After Confronting Flasher at Motocross Event
- LaMelo Ball Finally Posts Picture of His Girlfriend Ana Montana
- Ayesha Curry Finally Addresses Open Marriage Rumors
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
“I think it was a way to have him and her present in our lives forever,” Gasol said. “It was just probably, for us, the biggest way that we could actually honor him and her into our lives, and now, having Vanessa as the godmother of our baby Ellie Gianna, that’s life. We’re a family. And we love each other. We’re gonna be there all the way. … We’re gonna be here always, through the good times and the bad times.”
Gasol obviously cared for Kobe Bryant more than we know. Gasol and his wife honoring Kobe with the name proves just how close they were.
And to make Vanessa the Godmother is plenty of proof that their friendship was super special.
Pau and Kobe forever!