Pelicans executive David Griffin and Alvin Gentry are not good pals. David Griffen reportedly told people while Alvin Gentry was coaching, “I give Alvin all the answers to the test, and he still fails.”
So yea, he pretty much hates him.
Griffin fired Gentry after a 30-42 season.
Trending from Side Action
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Cam Newton’s Baby Mama Was There to See Him Get Benched
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Gentry landed with the Kings as an assistant coach.
Apparently they still have major beef. The two recently met up when the Kings came to play the Pelicans.
Via Bleacher Report:
“Griffin approached Gentry in the bowels of Smoothie King Center to offer a warm hello to his former head coach, yet Gentry brushed off his initial efforts as inauthentic.
From there, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the incident, Griffin denied the findings of the NOLA.com article, particularly his “answers to the test” line, and the notion that he played piano for Williamson during the team’s bubble stay in Disney World.
“You must not have given Stan the answers to the test, either,” Gentry shouted at Griffin, according to multiple sources, and the two men had to be physically separated.”
Griffin is feeling the pressure now that his Zion less Pelicans have started the season 1-11. Can’t blame Gentry for not wanting to kiss and make up.
Griffin has got to be on the hot seat after fumbling the bag with a pretty promising team.