Portland State head coach Bruce Barnum went viral last week when he declared that he was picking up the tab for the entire stadium for his team’s home opener last weekend.
College Football Coach Offers To Buy Beer For Entire Stadium To Get Fans To Show Uphttps://t.co/fAqeJLx69f
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 15, 2021
Barnum proved to be a man of his word.
Bruce Barnum admitted that his beer proposal took off a little bit too much. In total, Barnum is now on the hook for 2,064 beers consumed at what they’re calling “Barny’s beer garden”.
"It blew up a little too much"
Bruce Barnum is picking up the tab for more than 2,000 beers.
— Orlando Sanchez (@orlandokgw) September 20, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- NBA Player And ‘Cooking Star’ Wife Headed For Divorce According to TikTok
- Jon Gruden Under Fire For Seemingly Racist Email
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Bruce Barnum’s tab was made up for a total of $14,448. Fans drank 786 Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPAs and 1,260 Coors Lights.
But for Barnum, it was probably worth it. His Portland State team took down Western Oregon 21-7 and had a packed stadium to help create a fun atmosphere for his players.
I doubt Bruce Barnum will continue to buy $15,000 worth of beer for his fans going forward. But you gotta give the guy props, he successfully gave Portland State some publicity.