Rachel Nichols’ job status at ESPN is now up in the air following news the veteran NBA reporter has been removed from all NBA programming. Her daily NBA show “The Jump” has also been cancelled. Nichols was informed of the moves this week, sources said. Nichols remains under contract with ESPN according to Sports Business Journal.
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
See the report below:
ESPN has taken Rachel Nichols off of all NBA programming and will cancel her weekday afternoon show “The Jump,” the network confirmed today.
— Sports Business Journal (@sbjsbd) August 25, 2021
Twitter swiftly reacted to the news:
— bring 'em back (@trashtaeks) August 25, 2021
— Broadus ⚒️ (@Broadus) August 25, 2021
Good riddance! She said something racist, apologized publicly a year later when it was made public, and she deserves whatever consequences come as a result.
— Jazz Johnson (@JazzJohnson10) August 25, 2021
Well… What are y’all eating tonight? https://t.co/zlwOfZNzXu
— jennthetutor 🎓 👩🏾🏫 #TestFree (she/her) (@jennthetutor) August 25, 2021
LOOOOOOOL bye bye https://t.co/dKcbhWlPjp
— . (@jxhnnyleka) August 25, 2021
Rachel Nichols was in a bit of hot water earlier in the Summer when she was caught speaking negatively about former co worker Maria Taylor. Nichols was pulled from all NBA Finals coverage as a result. It would seem this latest set of moves by ESPN is a result of the controversy.
No word on yet what ESPN’s plan is for Nichols moving forward.