Former Las Vegas Raiders Head Coach Jon Gruden technically resigned, which pretty much came under the threat of termination. He was still smack dab in the middle of a reported 10-year, $100 million contract.
Via Vic Tafur of TheAthletic.com, owner Mark Davis said Wednesday that a settlement has been reached.
“He’s hurt, he’s really hurt, and I understand that,” Davis said regarding Gruden. “But he understands the ramifications of what he said. I love Jon and I love his family. We all have demons in our lives, and you have to understand that, and you also have to look at redemption as well.”
#Raiders owner Mark Davis questions the NFL’s timing on Jon Gruden’s emails, attempts to explain his
— Vic Tafur (@VicTafur) October 28, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Sad Viral Cowboys Fan’s Girlfriend Calls Him Out For Cheating After Being Spotted on TV
- According to Paige VanZant She’s Already Made A Sex Tape
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Gruden reportedly had $40 million in remaining guaranteed payments. PFT had reported when Gruden signed the contract that it was not fully guaranteed, and potentially backloaded.
Report: Jon Gruden is owed $40 million, he and Raiders will work out a settlementhttps://t.co/ZkGcFFxi2v
— Vires Et Honestas (@Pia_Fidelis) October 17, 2021
Gruden isn’t hurting financially. He’s made a ton of money coaching in the NFL, and whatever he does next he’ll probably get a nice payday too.
Gruden could make the same $10 million per year from a gambling company, who are throwing out so much money now that sports gambling is going mainstream.
Jon Gruden lost his repuation but he’s probably laughing all the way to the bank.