When USC announced they were firing Clay Helton after a disappointing six-plus years as the head coach of the Trojans, many people turned their attention to Penn State coach James Franklin as a potential candidate to take over.
Franklin has had a successful run at Penn State, and would appear to be a prime candidate to take over a real “Blue Blood” if that’s the direction he wants to go in.
When asked about the USC opening on Tuesday, James Franklin deflected, pointing to the rumors as another ‘distraction’.
James Franklin Responds To Rumors Linking Him To The USC Job Following Clay Helton Firinghttps://t.co/SSsELK8XgX
— PM Sports News (@PMSportsNews) September 15, 2021
But sure enough, reports are indicating that there is some “mutual interest” between James Franklin and USC.
Dan Patrick claimed that he’s heard some rumblings about a potential USC move for Franklin during his show on Wednesday.
— Dan Patrick Show (@dpshow) September 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
James Franklin remains focused on the task at hand, though. And his Nittany Lions currently have a marquee matchup with Auburn on Saturday night.
Most likely, we won’t hear a peep from Franklin about USC until after the season.
But if USC makes a big push, don’t be shocked if James Franklin winds up in Los Angeles next season.