Some people have their Ride or Dies, while others unfortunately have to deal with clout chasers. That’s the story coming from Rockets power forward Christian Wood, who recently revealed he was dumped by his then girlfriend on Draft night. He had an extremely difficut night, as his name was not called in the first or second round. By the end of draft night, he dropped his girlfriend off at the airport and never saw her again.
- Is Steve Kerr Trolling Steph Curry Over His Shooting Prowess?
- Kyle Shanahan Addresses Rumors About Jimmy Garoppolo’s 2021 Status
- Yu Darvish Rumored to be Headed to Padres in Trade
- Dwayne Haskins Drawing Comparisons to Josh Rosen After Football Team Cuts Him
- JuJu’s Mom is Getting Death Threats Because He Dances on Opposing Logos
- James Harden Adds Two Teams to His Trade Wishlist
- Titans Place Linebacker on Injury List for a Bad Haircut
Now the man is getting paid.
Via The Ringer:
“On the night of the draft, Wood rented an event space at Caesar’s Palace. He invited a few dozen family and friends. “He was so excited at first,” said former UNLV coach Dave Rice. But Wood watched with horror as his name went uncalled in the first round. It wasn’t called in the second round, either.
Somehow, that wasn’t the end of Wood’s misery. “I lost my girlfriend that night, too,” he said. “I dropped her off at the airport after the draft and never saw her again.”
After Christian Wood went undrafted in 2015 his girlfriend broke up with him that same night…
He deserves every penny from his $41M contract. pic.twitter.com/eQPBWupRqv
— Rob / sad Houston Sports fan (@Hou5ton4L) December 29, 2020
Clearly his ex showed her true colors on a very difficult night for Wood. Now he’s no doubt happy that it worked out the way it did.
Congratulations to Wood.