Ron Rivera and Cam Newton have an obvious history after all their years together with the Carolina Panthers. And this weekend, the two will be meeting up once again.
While Newton has re-joined the Panthers mid-season, he’ll be facing off against Rivera and the Washington Football Team. It’ll mark the first time that the QB and head coach will be on opposite sidelines during a game.
When asked if he has had a plan for how to beat Cam Newton, Ron Rivera admitted that he’s been ready for this for a long time.
“Yes actually I do (have plays to defend Cam), to be honest with you,” Rivera said, via ProFootballTalk.
Cam Newton will get first team reps this week and could end up starting vs. WFT and his former head coach, Ron Rivera. 👀 pic.twitter.com/3lyQAGwdLj
— theScore (@theScore) November 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Cam Newton’s Baby Mama Was There to See Him Get Benched
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Ron Rivera would go on to talk about how excited he is that Cam Newton found himself another opportunity.
— JP Finlay (@JPFinlayNBCS) November 15, 2021
Ron Rivera and Cam Newton appear to still have a mutual respect for one another. And why not?
Despite not reaching heir ultimate goal of winning a Super Bowl, they accomplished a great deal during their time together.
Who will get the edge during the first match up on Sunday?