Rory McIlroy has been in a massive slump lately.
Many thought maybe getting to Augusta National would help Rory snap out of it. So far, that’s not the case. Rory is struggling in his opening round at The Masters, and added insult to injury with an errant shot.
Rory’s dad was watching his son hit his second shot on hole 7 when it unexpectedly went awry. The ball ended up striking Gerry McIlroy right in the leg.
— Rory McIlroy Tracker (@RMTracker) April 8, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Shaq Shoots His Shot With Baylor’s DiDi Richards’ Mother
- Daughter of Ex-NFL Star Dies in Apparent Murder-Suicide
- It Appears Dwight Howard, Te’a Cooper Have Broken Up
- Travis Kelce Appears to be Engaged to Girlfriend Kayla Nicole
- Trevor Lawrence, Marissa Mowry Wedding Pictures Have Arrived
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Luckily, it looks like Rory’s dad will be just fine after limping away. He even joked that he should ask for an autographed glove from his son for the mishap.
Was standing on No. 7 when Rory flared one out to the right and hit his dad in the leg. As he limped away, laughing, he looked over at us and said, "I should ask for an autographed glove."
— Kyle Porter (@KylePorterCBS) April 8, 2021
Rory McIlroy won’t be very happy with his opening round, but maybe he’ll have to have a chuckle with his dad about this situation after the round. That has to be a first for the McIlroys.