Well, this is certainly one way to have a water hazard.
Rory McIlroy was matched up against Ian Poulter in the first round of the WGC-Dell Technologies Match Play Tournament. The struggling McIlroy hooked a tee shot on the 5th hole, it took a wild bounce off a cart path and landed over a fence, and into someone’s pool.
— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) March 24, 2021
Yeah, it’s been that kind of run for Rory McIlroy lately.
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
It only took Ian Poulter 13 holes to defeat McIlroy, who will continue to try to find his game. After The Players Championship, McIlroy admitted that he’s been scuffling, but he’s confident that it’s only a matter of time before he get his game back in order.
“The good golf is in there, and I feel capable of going out and shooting good scores,” he said via ESPN. “But it’s the days where you don’t feel so good that you need to manage it and get it around in a couple under par. That’s the challenge for me right now.
“I feel like I can go out there and string four good rounds together, but it’s maybe just a bit more of a challenge than it maybe felt a couple years ago. But that’s on me to try to get a little more comfortable and work pretty hard and feel like I’m in a bit of a better place with it all.”
Especially in Tiger Woods’ absence, the game of golf needs their star players like Rory McIlroy to play at a high level. Hopefully Rory can get out of this funk soon.