Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston. According to Shams Charania, Westbrook has asked for a trade.
— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) November 12, 2020
Fans had a mixed reaction to the news that Westbrook wants out.
Good. He’s the reason why the Rockets got bounced in the 2nd round.
— BGN (@BullsGotNext) November 12, 2020
LMAOO HE WANTS OUT OF EVERYWHERE
— RapsGotNext ❄ (@RapsGotNext) November 12, 2020
- The Masters Always Gives Tiger Woods the Feels
- That Time Mike Tyson Used a Fake Penis to Beat a Drug Test
- Tim Tebow Wouldn’t Call a Play Because the Name Contained a Cuss Word
- Kendrick Perkins Has a Very Surprising Guess Where Chris Paul Will End Up Next Season
- Coach Bruce Arians Calls Out Tom Brady’s Poor Play
- Clip of Rex Ryan Teaching Sean Payton to Dance is Must-See Funny
No, the Knicks should not even consider trading for Russell Westbrook: https://t.co/3LqM7oCU5R
— Tommy Beer (@TommyBeer) November 12, 2020
— Greg Braggs Jr. (@GBraggsJr23) November 12, 2020
It’s no secret Westbrook didn’t mesh well with James Harden in the Rockets system. However, after Houston fired general manager Daryl Morey and coach Mike D’antoni, it’s unclear whether Harden wants to stick around, either. Harden has reportedly been “ghosting” the Rockets.
The Rockets recently hired Stephen Silas as their next head coach. It’s unclear what the Rockets are going for, here. If they want to rebuild, they certainly have that option. Trading Harden and Westbrook would certainly give the Rockets a plethora of draft picks/young talent.
They might want to give James Harden another opportunity to win in Houston, though. If they choose to go that route, getting rid of Russell Westbrook wouldn’t be the worst idea. Westbrook and Harden both need the ball in their hands consistently to be successful.
Maybe Westbrook will have a bounce back year in another uniform. He’s running out of destinations.