FS1’s Colin Cowherd turned some heads today when he went on a whole rant on why Nick Saban should get another shot in the NFL. Saban, who’s coming off his seventh National Championship in college football, did coach the Miami Dolphins in 2005-06. While many consider Saban’s days as an NFL coach a failure, Cowherd isn’t buying it.
Nick Saban deserves another shot at the NFL: @ColinCowherd: You don't think Saban could get the Houston Texans right? You don't think he could go to Tampa if Bruce Arians isn't the guy? pic.twitter.com/9ryweJNKVR
— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) January 14, 2021
- Johnny Manziel Was Barred from XFL by Vince McMahon
- Von Miller’s Awful Texts Exposed by Ex
- What Did Deshaun Watson’s Agent Tweet That Got Deleted So Quickly?
- Jaylen Brown Exposes Embarrassing Video of Rookie Payton Pritchard
- Kyrie Irving “Just Didn’t Want to Play” in Latest Twist
- Dan Le Batard Says An Emotional Goodbye to ESPN
- Paige Spiranac Takes a Shot at Notre Dame
- ESPN Falls for Fake Schefter Account
I think Colin legitimately has a point here with Nick Saban. He may be 69-years-old, but he seems healthy, and probably has at least five years left as a football coach.
Moreover, Saban would likely be good at evaluating talent in the NFL Draft. He consistently has one of the top recruiting classes in the nation every year, and he knows all the country’s top players like the back of his hand.
I think the glaring thing that Cowherd doesn’t address here is Saban’s interest. Nick Saban has grandkids, he has the best college football job in the world, and seems to be perfectly comfortable in Tuscaloosa. Why would he up and leave for the NFL? He has nothing to prove.
NFL teams are simply not calling Nick Saban because they know what his answer is. Saban will happily retire someday as the greatest college football coach of all-time. I think that’s good enough.