During his long, illustrious career, Max Scherzer had never earned an MLB save. But that changed on Thursday night.
In the winner-take-all Game Five against the Giants, LA called on Scherzer to get the final three outs in a one-run game.
The ace delivered – getting Wilmer Flores to strike out for the third out thanks to a controversial check-swing call.
In his 432nd career appearance, Max Scherzer earns his first save to send the @Dodgers to the NLCS.
— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) October 15, 2021
Just like after the Wild Card Game, Max Scherzer was shitless on the field during the celebration, ready to party.
Max Scherzer lost his shirt again. pic.twitter.com/RAqXYJSjCm
— Justin (@hobokenjustin) October 15, 2021
Max Scherzer was asked after the game if he was going to be good to go for Game One of the NLCS this weekend despite pitching on Thursday night.
He wasn’t too worried about any of that.
Max Scherzer was ready to party. pic.twitter.com/ZPabTq4sRg
— Matthew Moreno (@MMoreno1015) October 15, 2021
— Bill Plunkett (@billplunkettocr) October 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Mike Zimmer Spotted With Maxim Australia Cover Girl
- Zac Stacy’s Ex Girlfriend Drops Message Following Video of Her Getting Assaulted Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
It would seem likely that the Dodgers will turn to fellow ace Walker Buehler for Game One against the Braves, and have Max Scherzer waiting in the wings for Game Two.
But that wasn’t something Scherzer needed to get into on Thursday night, he was just trying to get hammered.
The Dodgers will be the heavy favorites to take down the Braves and reach the World Series, yet again. In which case, we’ll expect the Max Scherzer celebration to be even more wild.