Simone Biles Olympic journey is over for now, but don’t count her out just yet. With her final routine behind her, Biles sat down with Today’s Hoda Kotb to talk about her future and why Tuesday’s bronze medal means so much to her. When Biles was asked if she might return at the 2024 Olympics in Paris, she first said that she needed time to absorb everything that’s happened to her over the last few weeks.
Trending from Side Action
- Sad Viral Cowboys Fan’s Girlfriend Calls Him Out For Cheating After Being Spotted on TV
- According to Paige VanZant She’s Already Made A Sex Tape
- Porn Star Richelle Ryan Claiming Patriots Defensive Player Keeps Messaging Her
- Charissa Thompson Calls Out Lions Coach For Hitting On Her Ahead of Interview
- Lady is Attacked After Confronting Flasher at Motocross Event
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
She said she’s “keeping the door open” for a possible return at the 2024 Olympics.
“I think I have to relish and take this Olympics in, and kind of recognize what I’ve done with my career because after 2016, I didn’t get to do that. Life just happens so quickly and now I have a greater appreciation for life after everything that’s happened in the last five years.”
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) August 4, 2021
She talked why she’s grateful everything happened the way it did.
“One morning I woke up and I was like, ‘I’m more than my medals and gymnastics, I’m a human being. And I’ve done some courageous things outside of this sport as well and I’m not a quitter and it took all of that realizing to see that, because … if this situation didn’t happen, I don’t think I would have ever seen it that way, I would have never been able to walk away and think I’m more than just gymnastics and medals.”
Biles also shared a post to her Instagram reflecting on her time at the games as she prepared to leave Tokyo.
not at all how I imagined or dreamed my second olympics would go but blessed to represent the usa. I’ll forever cherish this unique olympic experience. thanks everyone for the endless love and support. I’m truly grateful 🤍
– leaving Tokyo with 2 more Olympic medals to add to my collection isn’t too shabby! 7 time olympic medalist.
Things usually happen how they’re supposed to.
No one saw Biles mental health issues coming, but clearly a ton of good came out it.
Let’s hope the GOAT can crush the 2024 Olympics.