Simone Biles has been relatively quiet since her eventful trip to the Tokyo Olympics.
She came in as a heavy favorite to take home gold medals in several events. But after admitting that she was suffering from some mental health issues, along with a case of the “twisties”, she withdrew from most of her events.
Simone Biles caught some backlash, but also received praise for her bravery.
During an appearance on “The Today Show”, Biles talked about what she’s still going through to this day.
— TODAY (@TODAYshow) October 21, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Josh Jacobs Responds to Rumors He Has Eight Kids With Eight Different Women
- Larry Fitzgerald’s Ex Girlfriend Calls Him Out for Sleeping with his Assistant
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Simone Biles would go on to talk about how difficult it was for her to watch her teammates compete without her.
“Everything else weighs so heavy. I watch the girls do it, and it’s not the same… To do something that I’ve done forever, and not being able to do it because of everything I’ve gone through is really crazy,” an emotional Biles told Hoda Kotb.
“I love this sport so much, but it’s hard, I’m sorry. And I don’t think people understand the magnitude of what I go through, but for so many years, to go through everything that I’ve gone through, and put on a front, I’m proud of myself, and I’m happy that I can be a leader for the survivors and bring courage to everyone speaking up. So I’m happy to be a voice for them, but we go through our own things. It’s hard, but with the twisting…it will come back, but I’m still scared to do gymnastics.”
Simone Biles has not completely closed the door on making an Olympics return, and will continue to compete in gymnastics.