Former USMNT player Oguchi Onyewu apologized to Mexico women’s national team defender Janelly Farias after threatening to choke Farias during CBS Sports’ broadcast of the USMNT vs. Mexico game. Onyewu and Farias had a heated back-and-forth early in the broadcast which resulted in Onyewu saying:
“I will come across this desk and choke you.”
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Of course Onyewu was joking, but it was on live TV, and you really just can’t say stuff like that nowadays.
He apologized for his poor choice of words:
“Earlier in the show, you know, throughout our banter back-and-forth, I got carried away, for sure. And I said a stupid thing that should have never come out of my mouth. And I am deeply sorry for it and I apologize to you and I hope that you can forgive, don’t take any offense to it. So, I just really wanted to sincerely apologize for what I said.”
Watch his apology below:
Oguchi Onyewu apologizes on-air for pregame trash talk segment that included saying he'd "come across the table and choke" Janelly Farias pic.twitter.com/zbrKMms5aJ
— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) June 7, 2021
Farias accepted Onyewu’s apology with a fist-bump and said:
“I think the fact that you can say that on national television speaks volumes of you.”
All’s well that ends well.