Before Takk McKinley became the latest athlete to be featured in a “Takk McKinley’s old tweets” type article, he was very unhappy in Atlanta. To the point of where he called his own team clowns, which is a special kind of stupid.
So how does one get rewarded when you do something like that? Like this:
Falcons now have waived DE Takk McKinley.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 9, 2020
Which leads to this:
Bengals claimed former Falcons’ DE Takk McKinley off waivers.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 11, 2020
Something about “making your own luck” feels appropriate in this scenario.
What Did You Miss on Sideaction This Week?
- It Should Be No Surprise to See the Late Kobe Bryant on This Celebrity List
- CeeDee Lamb’s Girlfriend Has Some Questions to Answer About a Certain Direct Message
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Bill Belichick Defends Dismal Draft Day History
- Victor Oladipo’s Twin Sister Has Issues with Myles Turner
- Rick Pitino is Worried About College Basketball Season
- Are These Two NBA Stars Basically Switching Places This Offseason?
Of course, when a player changes teams, what’s the first thing that happens? The internet digs through his old tweets. Plus Takk McKinley acted stupid, so there was extra motivation to do so.
And Takk McKinley’s old tweets feature several making fun of the Bengals (like most people honestly), which are extra hilarious now that he IS a Bengal.
Takk McKinley now: “Can’t wait for a fresh start in Cincinnati”
Takk McKinley in a few weeks: pic.twitter.com/d858H4wrf6
— Old Social Posts (@OldSocialPosts) November 12, 2020
Takk McKinley’s old tweets are gold…shame his play hasn’t been that good. Surprised that last one hasn’t already happened honestly.
Instead he offers this overused cliche:
@Bengals I’m ready to get to work!
— Takkarist McKinley (@Takk) November 11, 2020
We’ll see how long that lasts. Everybody loves their new team when they first join it. Once the new car smell fades, that’s when the fun really begins.
Something tells us it’s a pretty safe bet to assume that Takk McKinley’s current tweets will soon match Takk McKinley’s old tweets.