Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is not to be messed with. The Mississippi Gulf Coast Bulldogs went a long way toward proving that on Friday night.
The junior college game between the Mississippi Gulf Coast Bulldogs and Jones College got off to a heated start. The Bulldogs tried to bring a freakin’ chainsaw onto the field with with them when they ran out of the tunnel.
The referees at MGCCC vs Jones wouldn’t let the Bulldogs bring our their chainsaw. 😂
“Y’all can’t bring that out here”
I asked the refs about it right before the coin toss.
“One of us has been doing this 30 years and haven’t seen something like that” 😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/n57bzpgZgX
— Alyssa Newton (@AlyssaKNewton) November 20, 2020
Referees were quick to squash the whole chainsaw thing. Mics caught the ref telling the Mississippi Gulf Coast Bulldogs, “Y’all can’t bring that thing out here.”
What Did You Miss on Sideaction This Week?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- Tyrese Haliburton’s Girlfriend Jade Jones Won the NBA Draft
- Steph Curry and Other NBA Stars Send Uplifting Messages to Klay Thompson
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Did LaVar Ball Swing the Election for Joe Biden? LaVar Ball Thinks So
- Is a Charity Fight Brewing Between Boxing Legend Floyd Mayweather and YouTuber Logan Paul?
- Colin Kaepernick Calls for Release of Former Black Panthers Member Mumia Abu-Jamal
- NBA Fans Destroy Kelly Oubre Jr. After Chris Paul Trade
Apparently the ref has never seen anything like that in all his years of football. For what it’s worth, neither have I. I think the best part of the video is how the coach comes in to the picture. He seems to be legitimately surprised that the team can’t bring a chainsaw onto the field.
If I were Jones College, I probably would have turned around and headed back into the locker room. Clearly the Mississippi Gulf Coast team is a bunch of horror movie slashers. To nobody’s surprise, the Bulldogs steamrolled a terrified Jones College after their chainsaw stunt.
The game ended 35-8 with Jones College flailing to score a point until the fourth quarter. If a team tries entering the field with a chainsaw, they had better bring the hammer down on their opponent. The Mississippi Gulf Coast Bulldogs did just that, so props to them.
We’ll see if they try to roll out there with the chainsaw again next week. Maybe the refs will be a little more lenient in that one.