There are always so many lists and rankings constantly being released, it’s hard to keep them straight.
But here’s a pretty interesting one.
Athletes from eight sports made the top 25, and their cumulative earnings are $25.5 billion. It’s an all-boys club, with the closest female athlete, Serena Williams, at $480 million, just inside the top 40.
Of course Michael Jordan sits at #1, which is fitting for the athlete most consider The GREATEST OF ALL TIME.
“Jordan is the highest-paid athlete of all time, with inflation-adjusted career earnings of $2.62 billion—and only 6% of the total is from his playing contracts with the Chicago Bulls and Washington Wizards. The estimate is based on salaries, endorsements, licensing and memorabilia earnings since Jordan turned pro in 1984 and includes ongoing endorsements in retirement with Nike, Gatorade, Hanes and Upper Deck.
Nike’s Jordan Brand is the dominant player in the booming “retro” or lifestyle basketball business, with market share of 52%, while Nike-brand retro product makes up another 43%, according to market research firm NPD Group.”
Trending from Side Action
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Cam Newton’s Baby Mama Was There to See Him Get Benched
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Faceless NSFW Chargers Fan Shows Off Thong After Sunday Night Football Win
- Antonio Brown’s Girlfriend Cydney Moreau Trending After Texts Show She Offered to Pay for Vaccine Card
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
See the top ten list below:
— Sportico (@Sportico) November 4, 2021
Post NBA business for MJ has been fantastic.
Nike has paid him more than $1 billion in royalties since he retired for good in 2003.
What a legendary list of athletes…