The golf world is missing Tiger Woods big time this weekend.
With the Ryder Cup in full swing at Whistling Straits in Wisconsin, many people are thinking about when (or if) Tiger will return to the sport he has dominated for so many years.
When Team USA won 3-1 in the morning foursomes session on Friday, Xander Schauffele took it upon himself to reveal that the team had received words of encouragement from Tiger Woods.
“We’re all square, keep pushing,” Schauffele said of the early lead via Golfweek. “We got a nice message from Tiger last night, obviously we’re not gonna reveal what it said, but Pat and I knew we referred to it a few times today and we knew what we needed to do.”
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Xander Shuffle channeled his inner Tiger Woods during the competition, pairing with Patrick Cantlay to defeat Europe’s Rory McElroy and Ian Poulter in convincing fashion.
“We knew he was fist-pumping from the couch,” continued Schauffele about Tiger Woods “Whether he was on crutches or not, he’s as fired up as any back at home so it’s nice to have his support.”
“No better role model, no better leader, just somebody that you can always learn from,” added Cantlay. “I saw him last week at home and just picked his brain on Ryder Cup and applied some of that here today.
Even if Tiger Woods couldn’t join Team USA this year, we’re sure he’s thrilled about the fast start the USA has gotten off to in the event.