The sports world was shocked to hear that former Michigan State basketball star Keith Appling had been charged with the murder of an extended family member last month.
Former Michigan State Star Basketball Player Keith Appling Charged With Murder Of Family Memberhttps://t.co/V0trqH7uCM
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) June 8, 2021
Appling played for Tom Izzo’s Spartans from 2010-2014 and was named a team captain. Following his arrest, Izzo spoke on how he viewed the allegations. The legendary coach admitted that the optics are ‘not great’.
“I’m trying to reserve, trying not to do what the world does and make him guilty until he’s proven it,” Tom Izzo said, per the Detroit Free Press. “And yet, everything I hear, it’s not great.”
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
According to the police report, Keith Appling and his mothers’ cousin, Clyde Edmonds, got into an argument involving a handgun. As things got heated, Appling allegedly started shooting. Clyde Edmonds was pronounced dead later that day.
Keith Appling had been in trouble with the law in the past. In 2020, he was placed on probation for a drug case. He has also been arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and resisting police.
Tom Izzo said he was trying to help the troubled Appling prior to this arrest.
“I hope and pray to God that it’s not true,” Tom Izzo said. “But I have no knowledge of anything, except that I was trying to help him get back on track, as were more than a few other people.”