Trevor Lawrence is a slam dunk to be the first quarterback taken in next year’s NFL Draft. However, the young phenom isn’t sure the NFL is the move for him. At least not yet.
“My mindset has been that I’m going to move on,” Lawrence said Tuesday. “But who knows? There’s a lot of things that could happen,” Lawrence said to ESPN today.
- Mookie Betts’ Girlfriend Brianna Hammonds Ready for World Series
- Anonymous Cowboys Players Throw Coaching Staff Under the Bus
- Cardinals, Cowboys Fan Get Into Fight in the Nosebleed Seats
- Lou Williams Dishes Out Advice on How to Handle Two Women at Once
Right now, the New York Jets Would have the No. 1 pick in the draft, and it doesn’t seem like they’ll be giving it up any time soon. I’d think that it would be likely that they would move on from Sam Darnold if presented the opportunity to take Trevor Lawrence. Here’s what Darnold had to say about the Jets looming situation.
“For me, it’s out of my control,” Jets quarterback Sam Darnold said last week about the possibility of the Jets selecting Lawrence with the No. 1 pick. “I’m here to do my best and help this team win games.”
Sam Darnold never really had a chance with the Jets. He’s had limited talented to work with and Adam Gase as his coach. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for the young man.
As for Trevor Lawrence, maybe the Jets situation factors into his decision. Most of the time, the best quarterback has to deal with a tough situation, but the Jets are on a different level. It might be in Lawrence’s best interest to stay at Clemson.