A Carson Wentz trade is on the horizon, and it may be coming sooner than you think. NJ.com is reporting that a trade could happen very soon. Two teams are reported to be in the mix as finalists: the Bears and the Colts. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Monday morning that the Eagles’ asking price for Wentz remains very high.
— Get Up (@GetUpESPN) February 8, 2021
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
- JJ Watt’s Hilarious Response to Trade Rumors
- On Top of Everything, Karl-Anthony Towns Reveals He Was Hit by Drunk Driver
- Is a Deshaun Watson for Chase Young Trade Brewing?
- Bruce Arians Fires Shot Across Patriots’ Bow
- Did MJ Cut Anthony Anderson Off Following Golf Defeat?
The Bears and the Colts are the frontrunners for landing Wentz, however, there is reportedly another team in the mix.
According to the source, the belief around the league is that the trade market will come down to the Chicago Bears and Indianapolis Colts. While a third undisclosed team is said to be in the mix, the source noted that the Bears and Colts are in the driver’s seat and a deal is “close.”
While there’s a sense that GM Howie Roseman is trying to drive up the market, the person said Colts GM Chris Ballard and Bears GM Ryan Pace have remained “disciplined” during negotiations.
The Colts seem to be the most logical destination for Wentz as they are in need of a quarterback due to Rivers’ retirement. On the other hand, the Bears have been in search of an upgrade to Mitch Trubisky. Wherever Wentz lands, hopefully, it is the change of scenery he is in need of.
Look out for more details on a Carson Wentz trade as a deal is reportedly very close.