Cincinnati’s Luke Fickell could be a hot commodity for USC.
After the university announced they were firing Clay Helton following an embarrassing loss to Stanford over the weekend, many fans were speculating who the team could hire.
Of course, fans were starting rumors that Urban Meyer might consider leaving the Jaguars for the prominent college football job.
Urban Meyer Being Linked To USC Job Following The Clay Helton Newshttps://t.co/jMomv0MWee
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) September 13, 2021
But according to one reporter, USC is already fully prepared to offer Luke Fickell the job.
CBS’s Dennis Dodd also said that the team might settle for former Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops if Fickell isn’t interested.
Filed to @CBSSports: The USC job is Luke Fickell's to turn down. If he does, Bob Stoops might be waiting in the wings.
— Dennis Dodd (@dennisdoddcbs) September 13, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
After being on Ohio State’s staff for many years, Luke Fickell took over Cincinnati’s program in 2017. He’s currently a respectable 43-21 during his tenure at the helm.
Fickell was an instrumental part of Ohio State’s 2014 national Championship when Urban Meyer was the head coach.
So maybe USC fans would be fine settling for someone from Urban Meyer’s coaching tree if they can’t have the legend himself?
Luke Fickell might not be the sexiest hire, but he could be just as qualified as anyone to bring the Trojans back to the top of college football.