Former NFL receiver Vincent Jackson became the latest ex player who was diagnosed with CTE following their untimely death.
The 38-year-old was found dead in a Tampa hotel room in February.
Former NFL Wide Receiver Vincent Jackson, Who Committed Suicide Gets Troubling Diagnosis https://t.co/Ru10cGlwsM
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) December 17, 2021
After Vincent Jackson’s family got the results back after having his brain examined, it was also revealed that the receiver died of “chronic alcohol use”.
Vincent Jackson's official cause of death was "chronic alcohol use,'' according to the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's report released today.
— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) December 22, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Sad Viral Cowboys Fan’s Girlfriend Calls Him Out For Cheating After Being Spotted on TV
- According to Paige VanZant She’s Already Made A Sex Tape
- Porn Star Richelle Ryan Claiming Patriots Defensive Player Keeps Messaging Her
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
“Vincent dedicated so much of his life to helping others. Even in his passing, I know he would want to continue that same legacy,” his widow, Lindsey Jackson, said in a statement, per ESPN. “By donating his brain to the VA-BU-CLF Brain Bank, we hope to continue to see advancements in CTE research, enabling physicians to diagnose the disease in the living and ultimately find treatment options in the future.”
During his 12-year NFL career, Jackson had 540 receptions for 9,080 yards and 57 touchdowns.
Hopefully his tragic case can help the league’s efforts to minimize brain damage to players moving forward.