When Warren Buffett gives you financial advice, you listen up.
Since February the former New York Yankees slugger filed to raise $500 million for a SPAC, launched a venture capital firm, and took an ownership stake in the Minnesota Timberwolves.
He’s having a pretty strong year to say the least.
Now A-Rod is talking to Yahoo Finance about meeting up with Warren Buffet, who was more than happy to dish out some advice.
Trending from Side Action
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Cam Newton’s Baby Mama Was There to See Him Get Benched
- Video of Texans Fans Having Sexual Activity Under Their Ponchos Goes Viral
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Buffett taught Rodriguez the basics of investing with a reference to Hall of Fame Red Sox Outfielder Ted Williams. Williams is known as the best hitter of all time.
“He talks investing, just like Ted Williams talked about discipline at the plate,” Rodriguez says.
“Stay away from the edges. When you get a fat pitch to hit, don’t go for a single or double — but hit a grand slam,” Rodriguez adds.
What Warren Buffett taught Alex Rodriguez about investing https://t.co/w8XYKdgsqs
— wayne davidson (@waynedavidson2) November 11, 2021
The two still get together every year to talk shop.
“He invited me down to Omaha, and that started a streak of about half a dozen years where I will go every year and visit with him,” Rodriguez says. “We will meet for two or three hours at his office, and then we’ll go and have dinner and have a steak.”
Not a bad friend to have.
Extremely wealthy people usually have extremely wealthy friends.