The Washington Football Team went with their lame name for the entire 2021 season while they ponder what their team name will be for the future. While it was a little weird to refer to an NFL team a the “Football Team”, it was fine for a year.
Now, Washington has announced that they’ll be keeping the interim name for (at least) another year. On a team created website, WashingtonJourney.com, it was announced that, “”We’ve transitioned from our old name. Now it’s time to write a new legacy. The future of Washington Football arrives in 2022.”
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
The website also includes a forum where fans can share their ideas for what they’d like the new team name to be. Last season, team president Jason Wright told Washington’s WJLA that the team was likely to remain the ‘Washington Football Team’ for the 2021 season.
“Next year is fast,” Wright said at the time. “There is a pretty good chance we will still be the Washington Football Team next season. We could get there quicker, it’s actually pretty hard to get there that quickly because of all the steps that need to happen.”
I really don’t know what is so freaking hard. It’s a team name…there are so many out there. They can be the “Washington Reds”. Keep there same colors, similar jerseys and move forward. There, I solved it for the Washington Football Team. Can we stop with the weird transition name now?