Derby County’s Wayne Rooney isn’t letting age get in his way just yet.
The 35-year-old who is currently on a player-co-interim manager role with Derby County has revealed his first priority for the Championship club after becoming part of the new caretaker set-up. And it is a rather ambitious one, at least on an individual level.
Awesemo NFL Express Weekly For $1'Tis the season of giving. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Awesemo is giving you an NFL Express Weekly subscription for ONLY $1 by using promo code MAYFLOWER.That's right. A single dollar — which is less than that crappy cup of coffee you get three times a week. The NFL Express Weekly subscription gets you access to rankings, projections and ownership for EVERY Showdown and Single-Game slate; expert chat, express tools, content and more! The MAYFLOWER offer is valid for new users only and expires on Thursday, Nov. 26.
“While I’m in this position I’ll be giving myself a new three-year-deal,” the former Manchester United star ‘joked’ while facing the media for the first time as a full-time part-boss.
What Did You Miss on Sideaction This Week?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- Tyrese Haliburton’s Girlfriend Jade Jones Won the NBA Draft
- Steph Curry and Other NBA Stars Send Uplifting Messages to Klay Thompson
- Deleted Scene from “The Last Dance” Leaked Online
- Did LaVar Ball Swing the Election for Joe Biden? LaVar Ball Thinks So
- Is a Charity Fight Brewing Between Boxing Legend Floyd Mayweather and YouTuber Logan Paul?
- Colin Kaepernick Calls for Release of Former Black Panthers Member Mumia Abu-Jamal
- NBA Fans Destroy Kelly Oubre Jr. After Chris Paul Trade
Well, we guess the fiery striker has got what it takes to go on for another couple of years, or even more. At the moment, I’m pretty sure Wayne Rooney would be more preoccupied with what to do to help steer The Rams past Bristol City on Saturday.
But with Derby County on the verge of a new takeover with current owner Mel Morris reportedly set to hand over to Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the Bin Zayed Group, perhaps Rooney’s tongue-in-the-cheek wish could see some light. Perhaps.