Zion Williamson’s weight gain has become an issue.
According to a new report, the New Orleans Pelicans have “concerns” about Zion Williamson’s weight. Apparently he gained some major weight during the offseason. Zion reportedly reached “north of 300 pounds” during the offseason. Zion showed up looking much heavier during his media day pics, which sparked some concern for the former Duke star.
Zion looking Hefty ☹️https://t.co/NOUY7nENOd
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) October 15, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Josh Jacobs Responds to Rumors He Has Eight Kids With Eight Different Women
- Larry Fitzgerald’s Ex Girlfriend Calls Him Out for Sleeping with his Assistant
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Now those fears of Zion’s weight gain have been confirmed.
“He’s since reached north of 300 pounds this offseason, sources said, again fueling concerns among New Orleans staffers similar to the months leading up to his rookie debut,” wrote Jake Fischer of Bleacher Report. “When he joined the Pelicans’ recent preseason trip to Minnesota, several league personnel on hand were struck by his heavier appearance than his listed playing weight last season of 284 pounds. ‘I know Zion at 280, and he was not 280,’ said one observer.”
— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 20, 2021
Zion Williamson is set to miss the start of the 2021-22 season. He’s recovering from an offseason surgery.
If Zion wants to have a long successful career, he’s going to have to keep his weigh in check.