DraftKings is the preferred site of many players in the daily fantasy sports industry and, much like all of the big sites, comes with some interesting wrinkles to take advantage of now that you’re armed with the best DraftKings offer currently available.
DraftKings was founded and is currently headquartered out of Boston, Massachusetts, and is one of the state’s biggest startup success stories. Started in 2012 alongside the beginning of the MLB season, DraftKings has come a long way on the strength of its diverse daily fantasy sports offerings. The site initially began designed as a one-on-one baseball competition with DFS principles but grew immensely to its current state in which anyone who signs up with a DraftKings promo code or without one can play in dozens of different sports, contests, and game types.
DraftKings Promo Offer Details – No DraftKings Promo Code Needed
Once you click on the link below and sign-up to join DraftKings, you are set to join one of the best DFS sites in the industry. Make sure to check out the latest DraftKings promo offer and receive a deposit bonus of up to $500.
DraftKings Contest Types
Once you’ve signed up for DraftKings using the best DraftKings promo code and offer, here’s the types of contests you’ll find:
- Large Guaranteed Prize Pool Tournaments (always referred to as GPPs): These contests tend to have the most eye catching top prizes and total prize pools but often require fending off thousands to hundreds of thousands of other players to win a top prize. Though many GPP tournaments include multiple games, DraftKings’ single-game Showdown and second-half Showdown game types that focus in on just one singular matchup have risen in popularity in recent years.
- Head-to-head games: One on One mano a mano battles between yourself and another DFS player.
- Double Ups or 50/50s: Close to half the field doubles their money.
- Multipliers: Contests where certain percentage of those that enter will win the same flat prize, usually to the tune of 2x, 3x, or 5x their entry fee.
- Leagues: Smaller tournaments with a maximum number of entries and no guaranteed prize pools.
- Satellites and Qualifiers: These game types are tournaments designed to provide top finishers entries into another contest, typically ones with a substantial prize pool. This method is how many top players earn their way into Fantasy World Championships and other large scale events.
- Tiers: In Tiers contests, players create a lineup by selecting one player in each available Tier. Salary caps are no consideration here with the only requirement for Tiers games that you select one player from each Tier to fill out your lineup.
DraftKings Drafting and Scoring
Other than Tiers games, DraftKings contests have a $50,000 salary cap for you to roster players with no minimum salary needed to spend. Here are the positions required to spend that salary on to fill out your lineup in the primary sports:
- NFL: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, FLEX (RB, WR, or TE), DST
- NBA and WNBA: PG, SG, SF, PF, C, G (PG or SG), F (SF or PF), UTIL (PG, SG, SF, PF, or C)
- WNBA: 3 G, 4 F
- NHL: 2 C, 3 W (LW or RW), 2 D, UTIL (LW, RW, C, or D), G
- MLB: 2 P, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, 3 OF
- Soccer: GK, 2 D, 2 M, 2 F, Util (D, M, or F)
- NASCAR: 6 drivers
- Golf: 6 golfers for entire tournament
- Tennis: 6 players for entire tournament
- NCAA Football: QB, RB, WR, Flex (RB or WR), Super Flex (QB, RB, or WR)
- NCAA Basketball: 3 G, 3 F, 2 Util (G or F)
- League of Legends: Captain, TOP, JNG, MID, ADC, SUP, Team
Differences Between DraftKings and FanDuel
DraftKings and FanDuel have been two of the top providers for the dawn of much of the daily fantasy sports industry. We offer both DraftKings promo codes and FanDuel promo codes because each site has unique wrinkles that players enjoy which make the experience different from others.
DraftKings’ Late Swap feature is the one that most differentiates its offerings from FanDuel. With Late Swap, lineups can be edited at any time in the lead up to games. Each individual player will “lock” at the scheduled start time of his or her team’s game. A locked player is unable to be added or removed from a roster spot but until he or she has locked, you can make any changes to the lineup as you see fit involving other players whose games have yet to start.
Late Swap on DraftKings is a controversial feature to some DFS players. Late Swap offers advantages like ongoing optimization (a function that Fantasy Cruncher offers called “Late Swaptimizer” makes this process as streamlined as possible) while also allowing players to adjust lineups based upon different starters or late injury announcements, two items generally thought of as universal positives. But it also allows the savviest players opportunity to continually tweak lineups relative to the field’s ownership or advantageous positions and can require players to tend to lineups past a contest or slate’s start time, a drastic difference to FanDuel’s “set it and forget it” approach that drops your lowest scoring player from lineups in most contests.
DraftKings also offers multi-position eligibility, a wrinkle that can throw some players for a loop compared to the locked positionality of FanDuel in the vast majority of its contests. In the NBA, you may make your lineup with your new DraftKings promo code and find a player who qualifies for both Forward and Guard positions on the site. But in the same game on FanDuel, DFS players will be forced into a more limited option pool by only being able to play the same player as one of a Shooting Guard or Small Forward, a situation that offers less flexibility but also rewards the ability to identify a top performer at a position. There are logical reasons to prefer either approach but the net result is drastically different tournament winning lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel even on slates that include the same games.
DraftKings offers two apps available to download for daily fantasy sports players, their primary DraftKings Daily Fantasy Sports App as well as DraftKings Live, a living scoreboard that tracks overall top fantasy plays and box scores as well as allowing customization to feature statistics and news solely on players you have in lineups in a given night.
DraftKings’ Daily Fantasy Sports app allows almost all of the functionalities featured on the main site all in one easy to operate package available for Android and iOS. The one key piece that the main site has that the app lacks is the ability to upload CSV files from an optimizer to build lineups, a key part of the process for many players entering multiple lineups to max out their tournament’s entries. DraftKings’ Daily Fantasy Sports app is intuitive for global swapping players for Late Swap situations or hand-building lineups for any of their available game types but power users may prefer to stick to the desktop experience solely for the CSV upload process.
The DraftKings Live app is a stellar addition to any daily fantasy sports player’s arsenal with the ability to set up notifications for big plays from any of your rostered players, the ability to do the same for any key plays across all players in a sport, breaking news and lineup adjustments, box scores for all the day’s games, and straightforward ways to view top performers and live in-game action in all of the major sports. DraftKings Live is a useful tool whether playing a slate or just keeping up on the results and news on a night where you’re only observing and not playing any DFS lineups.
DraftKings Current Promotion
There are many things to consider when choosing the daily fantasy sports site you want to spend your money on so hopefully this guide provides you enough of a background to become a power player on DraftKings. Make the most of your money and use the most current DraftKings promo code offer below.
More Learn DFS
📽️ Learn NFL DFS: Fantasy Cruncher NFL Tutorial & Deep Dive
The 2021-22 NBA DFS Strategy Guide for Daily Fantasy Sports From Alex Baker, the World’s No. 1 Player
How To Win At NHL DFS In 2021 Using Awesemo’s NHL Tools
DraftKings and FanDuel 2021 MLB DFS Primer
Game Plan: NHL Primer
Optimizing Your MLB DFS Process Using Fantasy Cruncher
NFL DFS Strategy for DraftKings, FanDuel & Yahoo: Q&A with Alex Baker
How to Win at DFS Tournaments