We are excited to announce the beta of our new MLB Lineup Builder! We’ve heard your feedback about wanting an easier way to build lineups and we hope you’ll love using this to do it.
Please remember that the Lineup Builder is in beta! We’re still tinkering with it but we wanted to get it out to you as soon as we could. Please email us (email@example.com) to report any bugs or to provide any feedback (both positive and negative).
This is a premium feature for Awesemo.com, but we will be allowing everyone to access to it for the next few days during the beta period.
- Supports both DraftKings and FanDuel!
- Create as many lineups as you want!
- Do you play the non-main slates? All-Day, Early, Night, Express? We support them all!
- Starting lineups are updated constantly!
- You’ll have access to batting orders, ownership projections, rankings, and team run totals all in one place!
- Once you’re done building those winning lineups, you can export them to fill in your entry file!
- Find out key information for each of your lineups like weather risk, GPA, and how chalky/contrarian you are compared to the field
Lineup Building Tips
- Playing a smaller slate like the early or night slate? (Make sure to select the slate to see the corresponding ownership projections)
- Spend all your salary! You’ve got a salary cap, so use up as much as you can.
- Avoid having a pitcher and any opposing hitters in the same lineup. They’re negatively correlated: a strikeout by that pitcher means there was no hit
- Explore stacking hitters from the same team to add correlation to your lineup. A grand slam means runs for his teammates!
- Leverage our ownership projections to adjust how chalky or contrarian you want to be. “A” grade hitter with low ownership? Go for it!
- Decide whether this lineup is for cash, tournament, or both and tailor your lineup appropriately. You only need to finish in the top 50% for cash so you may not want to go as contrarian as trying to win 1st among 20,000 others
- Check the handedness of your hitters and their opposing pitcher. Some perform better against certain match ups.
- Consider the run totals implied by the Vegas sportsbooks (they’re still in business for a reason)
- Check out our YouTube channel to learn more about the day’s match-ups, and then again for our live-stream right before lock to have any last minute questions answered.
- Make sure to watch out for weather
- And lastly, have fun! That’s what DFS is all about!
You can find the Lineup Builder here!
- What does an ownership projection or ranking of “X” mean?
This means there doesn’t exist a value yet. While the starting lineups are refreshed almost every second, the same simply cannot be done for our rankings and ownership projections where both are extremely time-intensive processes. There will therefore be intervals when lineups change significantly that these values will be missing and will likely come in the next update.
- What is the contrarian/chalky rating?
Based on the projected ownership of your lineup, we let you know how we think it compares to other lineups in the field. Playing a top heavy 20k entry GPP? You may want to be more contrarian. Playing a 10 man? You may not need to be as much. The value will change based on the slate size so make sure you choose the correct slate.
- What is the GPA
The GPA is a salary-weighted rating of how well you spent your salary. Spending more of your salary will increase this value, along with a proper balance of lower cost value players mixed with expensive stars.
Use our rankings, ownership projections, and articles in congruence with the lineup builder for optimal use. To access our premium content, become an Awesemo.com member.