Awesemo Daily Fantasy Sports
Awesemo Fantasy Football
Odds Shopper by Awesemo
Connect with us

DraftKings

F1 DFS Picks Today (4/10/22): DraftKings Australian Grand Prix F1 Fantasy Racing Lineups

Published

on

F1 DFS Picks Today DraftKings F1 Fantasy Racing Australian Grand Prix Lando Norris

The Formula 1 continues their 2022 season in Australia at the Heineken Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park. We’ve all been clamoring for F1 Fantasy, and DraftKings stepped up, introducing its F1 DFS product, after the Drive To Survive Netflix documentary took over the racing world. As this race is taking place in Australia, North American fans will have a weird sleep schedule this weekend if you are planning on watching the race live. Albert Park was newly renovated and we have already seen incredibly fast times. Not only are the qualifying laps quick, but the race pace should be quite exciting as well since there are three DRS zones on this course to enhance over-taking. From 2017-19, no driver posted a time under 1:20 in any part of the race weekend. Almost half of the grid posted a lap under 1:20 in Free Practice 3 while six drivers went under 1:20 in Free Practice 2. So, we’ve got a lot to break down when considering our F1 DFS picks today.

Get a risk free bet + 2 months FREE of Awesemo+ platinum all-access!

As a die hard, I stayed up until the early hours to watch the Qualifying which was full of excitement. There was a massive collision with just 2 minutes left in Q1 between the two Canadian drivers, Nicholas Latifi and Lance Stroll, which completely totaled the Williams car and halted the session. Fernando Alonso also ran into the wall during Q3. Keep an eye on whether or not the team will have to use extra parts which may give him a grid penalty for the race. The Awesemo team of experts and data analysts have already been in the lab creating a proprietary model and have FREE F1 DFS projections available for this week’s race. Using those F1 Fantasy projections, we’ve got you covered with all of the best DraftKings F1DFS picks for the Heineken Australian Grand Prix on Sunday.

More F1 Fantasy Tools & Resources

F1 DFS Picks: DraftKings F1 Fantasy Racing Advice

Best F1 Fantasy & DFS Constructor Picks

Red Bull ($11,000)

This is the first time we don’t see a 1-2-3-4 Red Bull and Ferrari sweep of the grid. With teams bringing upgrades to Australia, the competition looks tighter than it has been in the previous two races. Red Bull will be starting 2-3 on the grid on Sunday, while Ferrari will be starting in first and ninth. This could be our first race where we get a captain who wins not being stacked with his constructor in the optimal lineup. While people may flock to Ferrari because of their early dominance and Charles Leclerc’s pole position, they may be a trap play with Carlos Sainz starting back in ninth. If the race ends the way it starts, I would expect Red Bull to be the optimal constructors team.

Tail Awesemo's Sports Betting Picks Today!

After the Red Bull team, it gets a little murky at constructor this weekend. McLaren has their drivers starting in fourth and seventh, while Mercedes is sitting sandwiched in-between in fifth and sixth. While I can see the gaps being closed in a bit between the teams, I still don’t see how a Red Bull or Leclerc doesn’t win on Sunday if there are no accidents or early retirements. The Red Bulls and Ferraris just have the better pace and cars and it was obvious in their Free Practice times and Qualifying results. From fourth to eighth there were just 0.358 seconds separating the five cars. As far as F1 Fantasy GPP-winning upside goes, Ferrari is the next best option, especially starting on pole, but Sainz could hold this team back Sunday. Playing any other constructor than Red Bull or Ferrari is saying you truly believe that someone else will win the race. While accidents and retirements happen, for cash games, I don’t see it. GPPs are definitely different as you can get a little funky with your builds if you are multi-entering.

Best F1 Fantasy & DFS Driver Picks Today

With the massive collision from Nicholas Latifi, it will definitely be interesting to see if this car is even ready to go for Sunday’s race. It is now two weeks in a row that Latifi has ruined a car and the Williams team may decide just to roll out one car in a tight spending cap season. In my mind, this should no doubt be the most exciting race of the year to date. While that is not a crazy hot take, with there being so many DRS zones with multiple teams who brought upgrades to Albert Park, it is setting up for a spicy race on Sunday. After not even making it out of Q1, Lewis Hamilton and the Mercedes team look much improved after their early season struggles. The top two teams of Red Bull and Ferrari continue to have superior cars to the rest of the field and the top three of Leclerc, Max Verstappen, and Sergio Perez were separated by just 0.372 seconds, but the next-closest driver, Lando Norris, was almost 0.500 behind Perez.

This is the first week where I will say that the Mercedes cars are in play and not a complete fade, it is just very hard to tout them when they’re both starting behind Norris, who is $2,200 cheaper than George Russell and $3,000 less than Lewis Hamilton. Not only that, I don’t see how either gets on the podium unless there is an accident or retirement. Their cars are still simply off the pace.

Charles Leclerc ($10,600 DraftKings; 1st)

Check out today's FREE DFS tool of the day

Starting on pole with clearly the fastest car in Free Practice and Qualifying, it is Leclerc’s race to lose. While he won’t have his teammate Carlos Sainz starting in the first two rows with him, he may be in a tricky spot trying to hold off both Red Bull drivers. As always, I will make lineups with Leclerc at captain with the Ferrari constructors, but like I stated earlier, this could be the first week we don’t see a captain win and have his constructor in the optimal lineup. I will have plenty of Leclerc in my lines and he is one of my favorite flex pay ups. Sainz is more of a GPP only play now since he is starting so far down the grid considering his price.

Max Verstappen ($10,800 DraftKings; 2nd)

Verstappen has given himself another chance at a win on Sunday as he will start on the first row next to Leclerc. It will be a race to the first corner, but with so many DRS zones, this race could feature plenty of overtaking opportunities. With so many overtaking opportunities I could easily see Verstappen and Leclerc push away from the pack. I will have some lineups where I sprinkle in some of his team mate Sergio Perez, but Verstappen is the clear No. 1 driver for Red Bull and the team will do everything they can to have Verstappen finish ahead of Perez, which is a costly 5 points in DraftKings scoring.

Fernando Alonso ($5,800 DraftKings; 10th)

Fernando Alonso looks on this week. The Alpine car has been pushing the pace in all three practice sessions topping it off with two fourth-place laps in FP2 and FP3. As I am writing up my love for Alonso, he went straight into the wall in Q3 and will be starting in 10th place, as long as the car can be fixed for Sunday’s race. This will be an important scenario as Alonso was looking like he could contend here with his time in the Free Practice sessions. I do worry about his car for the race as he may need to use extra parts which may cost him a grid penalty, but he is someone I still like at this price. With Esteban Ocon starting in eighth, he will have the start advantage, but we have seen Alonso with a better pace all week.

Join AWESEMO+ today!
Use accurate data and advanced tools crafted by the #1 DFS player.

Lando Norris ($6,400 DraftKings; 4th) and Daniel Ricciardo ($5,200 DraftKings; 7th)

McLaren seems to have unlocked something with their car at this track as the two drivers have been able to put up impressive times. Both drivers were able to make it to Q3 and both will have a strong opportunity to score placement points. Norris bested Ricciardo in all three practice sessions and will be starting in fourth compared to Ricciardo in 7th. This definitely looks like the McLarens will be active on Sunday in the race as their car has performed extremely well at Albert Park so far. I will probably have one of the McLaren drivers in almost all of my lineups as they offer great salary relief in the mid-priced pack. Not only that, Norris’ car has performed extremely well, making Norris one of my favorite mid-range F1 DFS picks this weekend.

Alexander Albon ($3,400 DraftKings; 20th)

Alexander Albon was given a three place grid penalty from his accident at the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, which carried over to this week so instead of starting 16th, Albon will be starting 20th. Albon also got a DNF from his Qualifying because his car stopped at the end of Q1 and he was unable to provide the FIA with a sufficient fuel sample from his car. He may end up starting in 19th though, if his teammate, Nicholas Latifi, is unable to get his car ready for the race. Even though Albon may even start behind Latifi, I fully expect him to finish the race in front of the Canadian. Albon is someone I will be targeting to get us our 6 points as an F1 fantasy value play.

Sebastian Vettel ($3,600 DraftKings; 17th) & Lance Stroll ($3,200 DraftKings; 19th)

If you are rolling the trio of Verstappen, Leclerc and one of their constructors, you will be looking to play one of the Aston Martin drivers as one of your other value plays with Albon. Both Vettel and Stroll had very rough Free Practice sessions and the combination of the two were only able to get one lap in during qualifying. Vettel will get a couple spot head start in the race Sunday, but it is truly a toss up for me deciding between the two. Vettel has not raced with this car yet because of Covid and he was only able to get in 23 laps during all the Free Practice sessions as he had issues with his car. Stroll also had issues with his car and will have some repairs after his brush up with Latifi in his qualifying lap scuffle.

Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!

Looking for more F1 Fantasy content? We have loads of articles, projections and DraftKings F1 DFS picks and more on the Awesemo F1 DFS home page.

Teacher, writer and avid sports fan with a passion and love for F1 racing.

Subscriber Counter

We respect your email privacy