Wednesday was one of the more insane fantasy baseball days in quite some time, as top-tier pitching (besides Chris Bassitt) was a complete train wreck. And as for hitting, there was no hope for a decent result for anyone who did not hit the many contrarian stacks — specifically the Braves and the 20-spot they put up on the Mets. At least there is a brand new seven-game slate to find MLB DFS lineups from on DraftKings and FanDuel.
MLB DFS Slate Starter: Fantasy Baseball Picks | July 1
***Get a SNEAK PEEK with our free premium data, tools, and content of the day, the Awesemo Premium MLB DFS Top Stacks.***
Who to Pair With deGrom or Burnes
Tonight’s seven-game slate has two insane aces to choose from on the top end. Who to prioritize between Jacob deGrom and Corbin Burnes will be an intriguing question, although it’s safe to say both should work their way into a majority of lineups without much debate. Who to roster alongside them on DraftKings, however, is a completely different question. With this article being written well before ownership or the Top Pitchers tool is updated, it’s hard to know exactly where the public may or may not be turning in this spot.
Latest MLB DFS Content
- MLB DFS Tournament Strategy: Leverage, Home Runs, Optimal Picks | Today, 10/20/21
- 📽️ MLB DFS Picks: Daily Fantasy Baseball Strategy Show for DraftKings & FanDuel | 10/20 at 4:30 p.m. ET
- 📽️ MLB Daily Fantasy Baseball Picks: Strategy Show for DraftKings and FanDuel | 10/19/21 at 7:30 p.m. ET
- MLB DFS Tournament Strategy: Leverage, Home Runs, Optimal Picks | Today, 10/19/21
- Jock MKT MLB Picks & IPO Projections Tonight, 10/19 | Yordan Alvarez
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
But at the present moment, there is no question that Ian Anderson deserves some major consideration as a must-have SP2. He has had surprisingly good results this season, evidenced by his 3.42 ERA and 1.18 WHIP. He can give up hard contact from time to time, but considering the Mets sport an abysmal .139 against righties this season (fourth worst in baseball), a lot of those risks are mitigated. And as for the spin debate with pitchers, Anderson should be one of the least affected arms in the big leagues, as he already spins his pitches at league-low rates:
Ninth-percentile fastball spin and 1st-percentile curving pitch spin should indicate there is nowhere for Anderson’s rates to go but up, at least relative to other arms as they start pitching substance-free. So long as he can avoid barrels more in line with his 2020 season where he had only one against him in 571 total pitches, Anderson should be in line to do damage against this Mets lineup that strikes out at a 24.1% clip versus righties in 2021. So if not jamming in deGrom and Burnes together in a bunch of lineups tonight, look no further than Anderson and his $7,100 salary as a viable option to help pay up for some higher-upside bats.
Try Our Awesemo MLB DFS Top Stacks ToolThe Awesemo MLB DFS Top Stacks Tool helps you answer the tough questions when building your MLB DFS lineups. Like what are the highest-projected stacks, what are the probabilities they will hit, and how does that compare to the ownership? This premium tool breaks down the percentage chance a stack is the top stack on the slate, how owned the stack will be and the leverage you get by using it.
Final Thoughts for MLB DFS Lineups
- The importance of Coors Field games are always amplified on these shorter slates, as having fewer teams on the board means fewer opportunities for one to pop and outperform the Rockies and their opponent. However, with a resurgent Adam Wainwright on the bump for St. Louis, expect the Cardinals to be by far the more popular of the two.
- The Nationals have a history of making some irrational weather decisions, so with rain in the forecast for Washington D.C. tonight, buckle up. Make sure to follow the @AwesemoMLB Twitter handle run by the NewzGod himself, as he will have all the latest news as soon as it breaks.
- The Astros were just swept by the Orioles in embarrassing fashion and now head to Cleveland to rectify those mistakes against the Indians. J.C. Mejia has been up and down this season, so hopefully the Astros can finally get back to hitting, as they make for one of the better contrarian stacks on the board.
- Just play Christian Yelich.
Check out today’s MLB Strategy Show, with expert MLB DFS tips, strategy, fantasy baseball picks and predictions for DraftKings and FanDuel. We’re live at 12 p.m. ET.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more MLB DFS picks content? We have loads of daily fantasy baseball articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo MLB DFS home page.
MLB DFS Tournament Strategy: Leverage, Home Runs, Optimal Picks | Today, 10/20/21
📽️ MLB DFS Picks: Daily Fantasy Baseball Strategy Show for DraftKings & FanDuel | 10/20 at 4:30 p.m. ET
MLB DFS Showdown/Single-Game Ownership Projections
MLB DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections
MLB DFS Top Stacks Tool
MLB DFS DraftKings Ownership Projections
MLB Power Rankings + Sports Betting Model (Free Trial)
MLB DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo