The field is set for Saturday’s Super Start Batteries 188 with Brett Moffitt and Austin Cindric on the front row. Let’s dive into the top Xfinity NASCAR DFS picks for this race at the Daytona Road Course.
DraftKings NASCAR DFS Picks: Super Start Batteries 188
This starting grid is what happens when Daytona results are what factors so much into how everyone’s starts today. For example, Brett Moffitt starts on the pole next to last week’s winner Austin Cindric. Furthermore, there is a fair amount of chalk starting in the 30s. We’ll get into a few of these drivers, some you know, some you may not.
With just 52 laps on tap, there are only 13 laps led points and 23.4 fastest lap points available. My expectation is that whoever is leading will be garnering the majority of the fastest laps. Thus the question becomes do we roster a potential lap leader in lieu of a high-priced driver with high place differential upside? Because you literally could go just with a cash lineup build in tournaments …
Let’s play with some math. Just like in our Cup race, the drivers most likely to lead the majority of laps all start upfront. So, if we give one driver the vast majority of these dominator points (30) plus their finishing position points, it’s going to be hard to beat out a fantasy day north of 70 points. Yet if we project for a scenario similar to last year’s UNOH 188, then it will be a near split in terms of laps led. In fact, the front row led 47 of 52 laps that afternoon.
In that case, our dominator candidates are scoring somewhere around 58 to 62 fantasy points. That is a threshold that many of these drivers starting in the 20s or 30s can approach. And that’s if they lead zero laps. At the end, how you build your DFS lineup boils down to the type of race you anticipate.
Latest NASCAR DFS Content
- 🏎 DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Pennzoil 400 NASCAR DFS Picks with Denny Hamlin | 3/7
- 🏎 FanDuel Cheat Sheet: Pennzoil 400 NASCAR DFS Picks with Ryan Blaney | 3/7
- 🏎 Gas-N-Go: NASCAR DFS Picks for Sunday’s Pennzoil 400 on DraftKings and FanDuel | 3/7
- 🏎 Race Preview: NASCAR DFS Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway Breakdown for DraftKings + FanDuel
- 🏎 DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Dixie Vodka 400 NASCAR DFS Picks with Kevin Harvick | 2/28
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Austin Cindric, 2nd ($10,700 DraftKings)
Is Cindric the best road racer in the Xfinity Series? It’s hard to make that blanket statement when A.J. Allmendinger is in the field. However, based on results, you can make the case that Cindric is tops in the field, although it is about even with nearly the same number of wins over the past few seasons. If looking for a tiebreaker, it comes down to equipment, and I’ll always give the nod to Penske over this Childress-Frankenstein that Kaulig is running. Plus, in this race last year, we saw Cindric lead the second-most laps (21) and win from a near similar starting position.
Perhaps under the radar, one thing Cindric has over everyone in this field is his win last week. Now he’s already set for the playoffs and can start knocking down wins to help ensure his stay in those playoffs. Cindric can play the pit-early game, keep himself out front, and be in a position to win yet another road race.
Ty Gibbs, 15th ($4,700)
DraftKings did a fantastic job with pricing this week across Cup, Xfinity and Trucks. This salary on Ty Gibbs is a gigantic oversight, though. In what rational world does a site willingly price a driver, whether full-time or not, in a Joe Gibbs ride under $5,000. I don’t care that Gibbs is starting 15th. In tournaments, they’ve made it really hard for Gibbs not to be optimal based on fantasy points per dollar value. Plus, having a driver in the Joe Gibbs All-Star car at this salary allows you to fit in all of those high-priced place differential drivers.
As per the driver, Gibbs is what you would expect with that last name. The grandson of owner Joe Gibbs has grown up around racing his whole life. At just 18 years old, he has eight career ARCA-Menards Series wins, including six last season. While we don’t know much about his road racing prowess, this play is about the quality of the car and his egregious salary.
Cash Game Options
We have several options for the section that should all be apparent as to why you would play them. Here’s how I would rank my priority place-differential drivers.
- Noah Gragson, 26th — No finish worse than third in the three road course races in 2020.
- Brandon Jones, 39th — Finished second here last year, underpriced at $9,000.
- Alex Labbe, 36th — Finished fourth and sixth in the other 2020 road course races, priced up at $8,800 but could easily finish in the top 10.
- Michael Annett, 33rd — Nothing sexy here, just believing that by the end of the day he’ll be in the top 15 as he’s done at road races over his tenure at JR Motorsports.
- Miguel Paludo, 35th — A Brazilian-born driver we haven’t seen in the Xfinity Series since 2012. Although I wish we had some recent results from him in any Series, he’s a driver in the JR Motorsports All-Star No. 8 car.
- Andy Lally, 24th — Not a lot of juice to milk here place-differential wise but we’ve seen lots of top-10finishes from Lally in his Xfinity road-racing career.
- Justin Allgaier, 25th — A good road racer but his salary makes him a little less appetizing compared to the rest of this lot.
- Justin Haley, 29th — It feels like we have an inflated view of just how good Haley is at road courses, thanks to his second-place finish at the Indy Road Course. Other than that, Haley wrecked out in this race last year and in the previous two Charlotte Roval events.
Looking for more Xfinity Super Start Batteries 188 NASCAR DFS picks content? We have loads of articles, data, cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo NASCAR home page. Just click HERE.
🏎 Pennzoil 400 NASCAR DFS Picks Based off Awesemo’s DraftKings + Fanduel Projections
🏎 DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Pennzoil 400 NASCAR DFS Picks with Denny Hamlin | 3/7
🏎 FanDuel Cheat Sheet: Pennzoil 400 NASCAR DFS Picks with Ryan Blaney | 3/7
📽️ The NASCAR DFS Strategy Show for Pennzoil 400: NASCAR DFS Picks DraftKings & FanDuel | 3/6
NASCAR DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel
NASCAR Top Drivers Tool – DFS Dominators on FanDuel and DraftKings NASCAR DFS
NASCAR DFS Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel
NASCAR DFS Rankings for DraftKings and FanDuel