For each of the featured games, typically Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football and Thursday Night Football slates, we will provide free analysis for the single-slate action on DraftKings and FanDuel. This will include team capsules, player rankings, comments and NFL DFS picks for today. There are loads of information and NFL DFS Showdown picks to get into for both DraftKings and FanDuel on this Week 11 Sunday Night Football slate featuring the Pittsburgh Steelers at Los Angeles Chargers.
NFL DFS Showdown Picks: Week 11 Sunday Night Football
Pittsburgh will be without cornerback Joe Haden, linebacker T.J. Watt and defensive lineman Isaiahh Loudermilk. Los Angeles is mostly healthy with no new injuries to their skill position players.
Ben Roethlisberger has been cleared from the health and safety protocol and is expected to be under center tonight for Pittsburgh. While Roethlisberger is averaging 248.3 passing yards per game which is the twelfth most in the league, he has only 10 touchdowns with four interceptions and 18 sacks through eight games. Things are even worse from an advanced metrics lens with his 41.9 QBR ahead of only Jared Goff, Sam Darnold, Davis Mills and most of the rookies aside from Mac Jones. Los Angeles has the seventh best passing DVOA and they have allowed over 240+ passing yards just three times on the season.
Rookie Najee Harris continues to impress and he logged his second 100 yard rushing performance of the season last week. The Chargers have the worst rushing DVOA which should be no surprise as they have been in the bottom-five all season. This year Harris has 540 snaps compared to Derek Watt (49), Benny Snell (42), Kalen Ballage (41) and Anthony McFarland (7). That is the textbook definition of a bell cow role.
Chase Claypool should return to action after missing last week which will give the defense an additional playmaker to account for on the field. Dionte Johnson had asserted himself as the WR1 even before Juju Smith-Schuster was lost for the season and he is seeing double digit targets with regularity. Ray-Ray McCloud and James Washington will fall back into obscurity with both Roethlisberger and Claypool back in the mix.
Pat Freiermuth is having an excellent rookie campaign and even with veteran Eric Ebron back in action for the first time in a month, he still had a career high nine targets last week. While he has just one 50+ yard game, he does have three of his four touchdowns in the last three games.
Pittsburgh has been solid on defense with nearly three sacks per game while Los Angeles is ceding just under two per contest. The Chargers have been impressive with only nine turnovers this year while the Steelers are in the bottom-five with only eight takeaways.
It is crazy to think that tonight will mark the 25th start for Justin Herbert. Currently he is eighth in the league with 282.8 passing yards per game while his statistics are eerily similar to his Offensive Rookie of the Year campaign. Pittsburgh has a mediocre pass defense which Herbert should be able to exploit with his many dynamic playmakers.
Austin Ekeler is fifth in the league with nine touchdowns at a near even split with five rushing and four receiving. This season he has 82+ combined yards or a touchdown in all but one appearance which also was his only game without double digit fantasy points. Rookie Larry Rountree and fellow youngsters Justin Jackson and Joshua Kelley combined for only a handful of opportunities each game and this trio is relatively interchangeable with each dealing with various maladies throughout the season.
Keenan Allen has come on strong since the Week 7 bye getting 11, 13 and 11 targets in the last three games. Mike Williams started off the season on a tear, though he has come back to Earth with only 21 targets in the last four games. This duo dominates the looks along with Ekeler which leaves only a couple of targets each week for Jalen Guyton and Josh Palmer.
Jared Cook continues to chug along in his 13th season and while he has only two touchdowns, he is averaging five targets per game. Donald Parham has just 14 targets for 11 receptions and 131 yards, though he does have three touchdowns albeit on only four red zone looks.
The Chargers have 11 takeaways while the Steelers have suffered 11 giveaways. Despite a good pass defense, Los Angeles has a bottom-five 1.85 sacks per game. The Steelers are in the middle of the pack allowing only two sacks per tilt courtesy of their run heavy offense and short passing game.
Latest NFL DFS Content
- DraftKings NFL DFS Main Slate Cheat Sheet: Week 13 Daily Fantasy Football Lineup Picks & Projections | Sunday, Dec. 5
- FanDuel NFL DFS Main Slate Cheat Sheet: Week 13 Daily Fantasy Football Lineup Picks & Projections | Sunday, Dec. 5
- Awesemo’s NEW Optimal Lineup Tool: Week 13 DraftKings & FanDuel Picks
- Yahoo Week 13 Grades and Values for NFL Daily Fantasy
- BOOM vs. BUST: Top NFL Daily Fantasy Picks to Roster & Avoid for Week 13
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Sunday Night Football Single-Game NFL DFS Strategy
The rankings below are best utilized for building out single-entry and three-max lineups and for head-to-head and three-man formats. They provide a nice barometer for player value, but for those taking the MME approach, remember that correlation is key. This means matching a receiver or two with a quarterback in the Captain/MVP slot. This also works conversely with pairing a Captain/MVP pass catcher with their quarterback.
Week 11 Sunday Night Football NFL DFS Rankings
Top 10 NFL DFS Showdown Picks
- Justin Herbert: Easily the choice on FanDuel, worthy of strong consideration on DraftKings for the multiplier.
- Austin Ekeler: Captain worthy on DraftKings with the full-PPR scoring.
- Najee Harris: Hard to go wrong with the rookie in this enticing matchup.
- Keenan Allen: Gets the nod over his Pittsburgh counterpart since Herbert actually can throw downfield.
- Dionte Johnson: Tremendous option in the full-PPR scoring system, touchdowns are the question mark.
- Ben Roethlisberger: FanDuel scoring is more forgiving than DraftKings, particularly where he has the fourth highest salary.
- Mike Williams: Volume is down, but big play ability is still there on every snap.
- Jared Cook: Salary discount keeps him ahead of Pittsburgh’s rookie.
- Pat Freiermuth: Appropriately priced on both sites.
- Chase Claypool: Dynamic playmaker, but his quarterback doesn’t throw downfield.
Secondary NFL DFS Showdown Picks
- Chris Boswell: Just 12 attempts from 50+ in his first 87 career games, he has nailed all six this season.
- Dustin Hopkins: Released by Washington after six plus seasons, only 14 for 27 from 50+ in his career.
- Los Angeles D/ST: They will need to force Pittsburgh to throw to have many fantasy opportunities.
- Pittsburgh D/ST: The DraftKings salary algorithm is treating them like they are the Blitzburgh unit of years past.
- Ray-Ray McCloud: 12 targets last week, 22 total on the season, hard to expect more than a handful with Claypool back.
Lottery Ticket NFL DFS Showdown Picks
- Eric Ebron and Donald Parham: Secondary tight ends surrounded by plenty of other options on their respective squads.
- James Washington: Will go back to running wind sprints with Roethlisberger under center.
- Josh Palmer, Jalen Guyton, Larry Rountree, Justin Jackson, Stephen Anderson and Joshua Kelly: Close your eyes and pick one, they will have around a dozen combined opportunities, good luck figuring out which one will have the most barring an injury to a starter.
- Benny Snell, Kalen Ballage, Zach Gentry, Cody White and Derek Watt : The Pittsburgh grab bag will see about half the opportunities of their Los Angeles counterparts.
- Mason Rudolph: It has been that kind of a prime time game season.
- Tre’ McKitty and Easton Stick: Sadly fantasy points are not awarded for great names.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
If you’re interested in other NFL DFS data for multiple game slates, head over to NFL DFS projected ownership, Awesemo's NFL Data Central, daily fantasy football rankings, and daily fantasy football stacking. View our FanDuel DFS NFL ownership rankings and our DraftKings DFS NFL rankings. Take a look at our NFL lineups, inactives list and depth charts for NFL games. We also have NFL showdown projections and NFL single-game ownership projections.
NFL DFS Ownership: Early Slate
NFL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo! (FREE TODAY)
Awesemo’s Top NFL DFS Stacks
NFL DFS Projections for No House Advantage (FREE)
The NEW Awesemo NFL DFS Boom Bust Tool
NFL Player Props Tool
Awesemo’s NFL DFS Big Board
NFL DFS Projected Stats