Thanks, as always for reading. Please feel free to give this a like or share on Twitter, or to sign up for a premium package on Awesemo.com. If you just want to try it out, use promo codes “NEWSANDNOTES” for a free week.
Let’s get at it
The BIG news
- John Carlson is OUT for the Capitals tonight. Matt Niskanen takes his spot on the PP1. He’s a slam dunk play tonight. Dmitri Orlov is also viable.
- New top line from the Rangers. Pavel Buchnevich has played his way out of the doghouse. He’ll skate with Zibanejad and Namestkikov. Mats Zuccarello is out with a groin injury – Spooner takes his place on the PP1.
- Not breaking news, but just a reminder that the Jets, who return to action after a lengthy post-Finland rest, are skating Nikolaj Ehlers on WPG1, Conner on WPG2 and Laine on WPG3. Laine makes for an excellent one-off, given his ability to score and create on his own. Byfuglien is back on the PP1. No Ehlers on PP1.
- Rackell and Getzlaf were reunited laste game on ANA1.
Advice: Niskanen will be popular but worth it… If you want a pivot at low ownership with almost as much upside, go with Orlov. NYR1 is the best value play on the slate.
The LITTLE news
- New middle-six for the Devils: Johansson-Seney-Bratt Coleman-Zajac-Anderson.
- In-game shuffling from CBJ last game. CBJ2 looks solid though.
- New second line for the Red Wings. The other Greak Freak, Andreas Athanasiou, returns for the Wings and will skate with Frans Nielsen and Gustav Nyquist. AA is also on the PP2.
- New Rangers middle six: Kreider-Hayes-Spooner, Vesey-Howden-Fast.
- Reminder that Tyson Barrie is off the PP1, Samuel Girard takes his place.
- Brian Gibbons is skating on the second line with Kesler and Cogliano. Henrique is on the third with Silfverberg and Sherwood. Check these in the pre-game rushes.
Advice: The Devils have been trending down for a while now. I like the Leafs tonight. Henrique and Silfverberg are a great two-man stack with their status on the PP1.
Winnipeg Jets: 3.5, -171
Toronto Maple Leafs: 3.3, -150
Capitals: 3.1, -115
Sharks: 3.1, -115
Colorado Avalanche: 2.6
New York Rangers: 2.7
New Jersey: 2.7
High 5v5 ice-time together
Morgan Reilly: 15 minutes with TOR1 last game. Gardiner with TOR2.
Jones/Werenksi with CBJ1 or CBJ2.
Samuel Girard with COL1.
Suter/Dumba with MIN2.
Fowler with ANA PP1.
Braun and Vlasic have become the defacto #1 pairing in San Jose. At least for the time being. Not much PP time, but worthwhile plays solely based on their ice-time and price.
Awesemo’s Player and Stack NHL DFS Rankings
NHL DFS Projections | Today’s Slate
NHL DFS Top Stacks Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
NHL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel
DraftKings Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Auston Matthews 1/22/22
FanDuel Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Alex Ovechkin 1/22/22
NHL DFS Picks & Stacks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Nashville Predators & Nathan MacKinnon 1/22/22
📽️ The NHL DFS Strategy Show: Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel Today 1/22/22